Report : Man Suffers From Severe Burns Because Of iPhone 6 Explosion.

Report : Man Suffers From Severe Burns Because Of iPhone 6 Explosion.

Ok...we have heard of phones catching fire while charging but have you ever heard of a smartphone exploding that too when it is in your pocket? And that too an iPhone???

Well, this is what happened to Gareth Clear, a management consultant from Sydney, Australia. Reportedly, Gareth fell off his bike landing on his iPhone 6 which was in his back pocket and the iPhone caught fire. Gareth suffered from severe third degree burns. The injury was so severe that Gareth had to undergo skin graft at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney.

A news paper reports, "Seconds later he noticed smoke and a searing heat, before hearing an explosion as the phone he'd had for just six months ignited, melting through his shorts and two layers of skin on his upper right thigh."

In an interview later, Gareth told The Daily Telegraph that while the back of the iPhone 6 was completely damaged with "metal bending and all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end", the top remained "perfectly intact".

On a message on Twitter, Gareth warned smartphone users about the dangers associated with lithium-ion batteries. He mentioned, " "The more pervasive these are in our lives and the more people use them with a lack of apprehension that something might go wrong, the more that these things will happen," he told technology website CNET.

After hearing about the incident an Apple spokesperson has said that the company will look into the matter and an investigation will be carried out to prevent any such further mishaps.

IOS Apple IPhone IPhone 6 Gareth Clear